5.1 Basic requirements
5.1.1 Passenger baggage is accepted for transportation when it is checked at the airport of departure, airport of transfer, stopover airport or other check-in point, and is carried in aircraft baggage and cargo compartments.
5.1.2 Articles carried by a passenger personally are transported in aircraft cabin as unchecked baggage (carry-on baggage). Items, which conform to weight and dimensions limits established by the Company and allow for safe stowage inside AC cabin, are accepted as carry-on baggage.
5.1.3 The Airline shall have the right to decline the Passenger’s request to transport his/her baggage in case its weight, dimensions, number of pieces, contents and packaging do not comply with these Rules.
5.1.4 The baggage of a passenger who has not shown up for boarding after check-in, and equally the checked-in and carry-on baggage of a transit passenger who has not shown up for boarding must be removed from the aircraft and subject to obligatory screening.
5.2 Free baggage allowance
5.2.1 All passengers, including those traveling with employee's and privilege tickets, are entitled to carry their baggage for free. For the purpose of baggage check-in and transportation Utair Aviation has established a certain free baggage allowance, baggage allowance and excess baggage rate.
5.2.2 Utair Aviation has the following free baggage allowance for one Passenger for domestic and international flights:
- economy class – 1 piece up to 23 kg;
- economy comfort class – 2 pieces up to 32 kg each;
- business class - 2 pieces up to 32 kg each;
Note - Carry-on baggage is not included into free baggage allowances specified herein.
There is the following baggage allowance in addition to the free baggage allowance according to the class of service:
- Status Bronze card holder - as per the class of service, plus 1 piece.
- Status Silver card holder - as per the class of service, plus 1 piece.
- Status Gold card holder - as per the class of service, plus 2 pieces.The privilege is provided in accordance with the level of passenger participation in the Status program on the date of ticket issuance, taking into account that membership card number is entered it the booking record. Baggage privileges are not available for Light airfare.
5.2.3 Children of 2 to 12 y. o. are provided with the same free baggage allowance as adult passengers.
The free baggage allowance for a child younger than 2 years (without separate seats) is 1 piece of checked/carry-on baggage weighing up to 10 kg and the dimensions being up to 55x40x20 cm, regardless of the class of service. In case of fare without free baggage allowance the items shall be transported only as carry-on baggage.
5.2.4 The Company is entitled to change the free baggage allowance for scheduled and charter flights, but it shall not be less than 10 kg.
5.2.5 The free baggage allowance does not apply to transportation of:
- passenger's belongings regardless of their description and purpose, if the sum of three their dimensions exceeds 203 cm;
- passenger's belongings regardless of their description and purpose, if one piece weighs more than 23 kg (for economy class) and 32 kg (for business/comfort class);
- animals, other than guide-dogs accompanying visually impaired passengers.Transportation of baggage specified herein is paid as per the established rates. If the free baggage allowance is exceeded in several categories the sum of the corresponding baggage rates will be the general rate for the payment for excessive checked baggage.
5.2.6 When a reservation is made or a ticket is purchased for a flight a sales agent shall inform the passenger of the established free baggage allowance and specify it in the ticket (electronic ticket itinerary receipt).
5.2.7 For jointly operated flights other rules may be applicable as specified in the passenger and baggage air transportation agreement, but not less than the allowance specified in par. 5.2.4.
5.2.8 If passengers traveling together for the same purpose are carried to the same destination airport (point) or layover airport (point) on the same flight (family members, individuals traveling together on a trip or a business assignment), then the passengers may use the combination of their free baggage allowed weights (not applicable to arms and ammunition). Such combination is only applicable for free baggage allowances. Baggage is checked for each passenger individually.
5.2.9 Passengers traveling with children are entitled to take one folding pushchair in addition to the free baggage allowance. The pushchair may be used as far as the aircraft ramp, after that it is handed over to be carried in the cargo/baggage hold.5.2.10 In addition to the free baggage allowance specified on the ticket one of the following items of sports equipment may be carried without regard to dimensions (exceeding 203 cm) free of charge.
22.214.171.124 One set of skiing/snowboarding equipment and associated gear. The following items are regarded as one set per passenger:
1) skiing equipment (total weight up to 23 kg):
- 1 cover containing 1 pair of skis and 1 pair of poles;
- 1 piece of baggage containing 1 pair of boots and a helmet.
2) snowboarding equipment (total weight up to 23 kg):
- 1 cover containing a snowboard;
- 1 piece of baggage containing 1 pair of boots and a helmet.
126.96.36.199 A bike weighing up to 23 kg.
Pack the bike in a special cardboard
box or protective wrapping to prevent
the front wheel fork movement, fix the handlebar, disconnect the pedals.
188.8.131.52 A cover containing 2 hockey
sticks weighing up to 23 kg.
5.2.11 The regulation referred to in
paragraph 5.2.10 is not applicable in case of ticket fare without free baggage
allowance. In such case the sports equipment is transported with respect of
rules and fares concerning an extra piece of baggage. Herewith the exceeding of
baggage dimensions (more than 203 cm) is free of charge.
5.2.12 It is at liberty of Utair Aviation to check the amount of pieces, weigh and measure your checked and cabin baggage at any stage of passenger service.
5.3 Checked baggage
5.3.1 Passenger baggage is accepted for transportation during passenger check-in at airport of departure or another check-in point. The Company or ground handling agent must provide a passenger with a numbered baggage tag for every piece of checked baggage. A baggage tag is designated for baggage identification.
5.3.2 After acceptance of baggage for transportation the Company or its ground handling agent shall be responsible for keeping the checked baggage intact.
5.3.3 Starting from baggage acceptance for carriage and until its reclaim by passengers they shall be prohibited to have access to the baggage, except for identifying and extra screening by relevant services.
5.3.4 The Company is entitled to verify the weight of baggage carried by a passenger at the airport of boarding and/or airport of destination. If it is established that a passenger is carrying baggage in excess of the identified free baggage allowance or in excess of the number mentioned in the receipt without sufficient payment, the passenger shall pay for the unpaid portion of baggage.
5.3.5 Each piece of checked baggage shall have intact package keeping it safe during transportation and handling and preventing damage to passengers, crew members, third parties, aircraft, other passengers' baggage and other property. Baggage not complying with the requirements of this paragraph shall not be accepted for transportation.
5.3.6 The size of one piece of baggage shall not exceed 203 centimeters in the sum of three dimensions, and the weight of one piece shall not exceed 500 kg. Upon the Company's consent larger and heavier pieces of baggage can be accepted for transportation.
5.3.7 The passenger's checked baggage shall be carried in the same aircraft with the passenger.
5.4 Items carried by passenger (carry-on baggage)
5.4.1 Items carried by passengers and transported in the passenger cabin (carry-on baggage) are unchecked baggage. In order to ensure aviation security, protection of passengers' and crew members' lives and health, articles and substances prohibited for air transportation pursuant to aviation security regulations must not be carried in carry-on baggage.
5.4.2 Carry-on baggage may include items weight and dimensions of which are within standards prescribed by UTair Aviation and which can be safely stowed in the passenger cabin.
5.4.3 The following may be carried as carry-on baggage in excess of the specified free baggage allowance:
- for economy class passengers - not more than 1 piece of up to 10 kg and dimensions not exceeding 55x40x20 cm provided that it is stowed safely in the overhead bin or under the seat in front;- for business and comfort class passengers - not more than two pieces of up to 10 kg each and dimensions not exceeding 55x40x20 cm provided that it is stowed safely in the overhead bin or under the seat in front.
5.4.4 When accepting the carry-on baggage to be carried in the passenger cabin the Company or ground handling agent representative must provide a passenger with a Carry-on Baggage tag for every piece.
5.4.5 In excess of the specified free baggage allowance passengers may carry the items listed below, if they are carried personally and not enclosed in the baggage:
- handbag or brief case;
- document folder;
- bunch of flowers;
- prints for reading during the flight;
- baby food for the flight;
- mobile phone;
- photo camera;
- video camera;
- portable computer;
- suit in a holdall;
- carry-cot/folding staller when traveling with a child (the folding staller may be used as far as the aircraft ramp, after that it is handed over to be carried in the cargo/baggage hold);
- crutches, folding wheelchair with dimensions providing that it is stowed safely in the overhead bin or under the seat in front (for passengers with reduced mobility)
5.4.6 Safety of carry-on baggage carried inside the passenger cabin is the responsibility of the passenger. The Company shall not be responsible for carry-on baggage and items carried by passengers inside the passenger cabin. In case of a break in performance of a flight specified in the transportation document, when disembarking from the aircraft the passenger must take their carry-on baggage and personal belongings stowed there.
5.5 Paid (excess), oversized and heavy baggage
5.5.1 Excess and oversize baggage may be carried upon prior approval from the Company during reservation or ticket purchase. Weight of one piece of checked baggage shall not exceed fifty kilograms with the exception of wheelchair for passengers with reduced mobility.
5.5.2 The Company is entitled to restrict acceptance or refuse to carry passenger baggage in excess of standard allowance, if reservation was not previously made for the baggage with the exception of wheelchairs and other auxiliary devices for movement used by passengers with reduced mobility according to the order of service provision for people with reduced mobility in airports and aircraft prescribed by paragraph 13 Art.106.1 of the Federal Law No. 60-ФЗ dated 19.03.1997 «Aviation Code of the Russian Federation».
5.5.3 A passenger must pay for transportation of baggage exceeding free baggage allowance per specified rate in force at the time of transportation for the whole transportation to the point of destination.
5.5.4 Excess baggage, oversized baggage and heavy baggage are only accepted for transportation subject to available carrying capacity and payment for transportation of such baggage by passenger, except cases when transportation of such baggage was coordinated with the Company and paid for at reservation and also in case of transportation of wheelchairs and other auxiliary devices for movement used by passengers with reduced mobility according to the order of service provision for people with reduced mobility in airports and aircraft prescribed by paragraph 13 Art.106.1 of the Federal Law No. 60-ФЗ dated 19.03.1997 «Aviation Code of the Russian Federation».
5.5.5 If weight of one piece of checked baggage exceeds acceptable 50 kg, such baggage shall be executed as cargo according to the rules of cargo transportation.
5.5.6 Should a passenger increase the weight and/or number of pieces of carried baggage while en route, they shall pay for transportation of the baggage in excess of the the specified free baggage allowance for the transportation that has previously been paid for. Should a passenger decrease the weight of their baggage while en route, the Company shall make no adjustments as to the payment made for the baggage.
5.5.7 A passenger who is willing to carry oversized or heavy baggage must inform the Company when making a reservation or purchasing a ticket.
5.5.8 If several carriers are involved in transportation, the Company shall have their consent for transportation of oversized baggage.
5.5.9 Oversized baggage is accepted for transportation subject to condition that the size of loading doors and baggage and cargo compartments of aircraft allow for loading/unloading on/form the aircraft and stowage on board.
5.5.10 This baggage shall be fitted with fixtures to secure it during transportation to the aircraft, from the aircraft and on board.
5.5.11 The Company is entitled to decline acceptance of oversized baggage for transportation, if it does not meet the above requirements.
5.5.12 Oversized and heavy baggage is not subject to free baggage allowance. Transportation of oversized and heavy baggage is paid based on its actual weight as per the established rates without regard to other passenger's items carried as baggage.
5.5.13 Excess, oversized and heavy baggage shall be paid per whole kilograms. Values are rounded as follows: less than 500 g - to a whole kilogram downward, 500 g and more - to a whole kilogram upward.
5.6 Excess baggage receipt
5.6.1 Excess baggage receipt confirms that a passenger paid for transportation of baggage exceeding the standard established by the Company, or transportation of baggage which is not subject to free baggage allowance.
5.6.2 Excess baggage receipt must consist of standard control, agent, flight (one to four), passenger coupons. The receipt can have a universal coupon for payment by credit card, as well as front and back covers.
5.6.3 Excess baggage receipt used for international air transportations shall contain information that this document meets the definition of baggage receipt as per Article 4 of the Warsaw Convention or Warsaw Convention as amended by the Hague Protocol 1955.
5.7 Transportation of baggage in passenger cabin
5.7.1 Passenger baggage which is not subject to free baggage allowance and/or requiring special precautions during transportation or special handling conditions (cinematographic/photographic equipment, television/radio equipment, electronic and optical instruments, musical instruments, etc.) can be carried in passenger cabin.
5.7.2 Transportation of baggage in passenger cabin is executed upon the Company's prior consent. When purchasing an air ticket the passenger shall make a reservation and pay for a separate seat for this baggage.
5.7.3 A passenger ticket is issued for transportation of baggage in the passenger cabin per the rate with sufficient number of seats at the time of ticket purchase. Such tickets are not subject to free baggage allowance.
5.7.4 The weight of baggage carried inside passenger cabin shall not exceed the average weight of passenger (not more than 80 kg), its dimensions shall provide for its stowage and securing in a separate passenger seat.
5.7.5 The package of baggage carried inside passenger cabin shall have fixtures to secure it in a passenger seat. The passenger carrying the baggage shall load and unload the baggage on/from the aircraft.
5.8 Diplomatic baggage (mail)
5.8.1 Diplomatic baggage (mail) escorted by a diplomatic courier may be carried in the passenger cabin. It is drawn as unchecked baggage separately from the personal baggage of the diplomatic courier and can be placed on passenger seats.
5.8.2 The weight of diplomatic baggage (mail) carried in passenger cabin shall not exceed the average passenger weight (no more than 80 kg) and its dimensions shall allow for its placement on a separate passenger seat.
5.8.3 Transportation of diplomatic baggage (mail) is paid for in accordance with the Company's rules of rate application.
5.8.4 Diplomatic baggage (mail) given for the Company supervision (valise) is carried in accordance with the conditions of special agreements between the Company and other entities. In case there are no such agreements the valise is carried in accordance with the rules and instructions of the Company.
5.9 Unaccompanied baggage
5.9.1 The baggage can be handled as unaccompanied in case it is:
- mishandled baggage,
- company and commercial mail.
5.9.2 In other cases the carriage of unaccompanied baggage is handled with an excess baggage receipt and paid for in accordance with the Company's rate application rules.
5.9.3 If baggage is to be carried along international routes, then documents shall be issued as stipulated by international regulations and laws of the state of import and export.
5.10 Unclaimed, undelivered, left or mishandled baggage
5.10.1 If upon arrival at the destination, stop or transfer point a passenger has not received his/her checked baggage and has made a written claim about it, the Company or its ground handling agent shall take all the necessary measures for baggage search.
5.10.2 If the checked baggage is found, the Company or its ground handling agent shall notify the passenger and deliver the baggage to the address indicated by the passenger, unless personal presence is required to claim the baggage according to the requirement of state authorities. A passenger is not charged with additional payment for baggage delivery.
5.10.3 In case baggage, transportation of which was paid for per the relevant baggage rate, is not released through the Company's fault, the baggage is sent to the destination, stop or transfer point at the Company's expense with the nest flight subject to technical capability.
5.10.4 Carry-on baggage and items left by passengers on board aircraft and discovered after flight by employees of the Company or its ground handling agent, are given to the unclaimed baggage storage room at the airport of discovery and stored there for six months from the date of aircraft arrival a the airport.
5.10.5 If during the search of checked baggage, its contents spoils after a certain period of time, or are at risk of spoiling due to adverse exposure to temperature, humidity or other environmental conditions, the Company is entitled to immediately dispose of all perishable baggage or a part thereof.
5.11 Hold and carry-on baggage contents requirements
5.11.1 Articles and substances that can cause explosion, fire, damage or harm to aircraft, its equipment, facilities, cargo and baggage at airports and on board aircraft, as well as injuries, poisoning, burns or irradiation of people and animals during loading, unloading and storage are not accepted for air transportation as hold or carry-on baggage.
5.11.2 Passenger's baggage must not contain:
- articles and substances the carriage of which is prohibited under the laws of the Russian Federation and the Russian Federation Government Ordinances, rules and regulations of the state authorities of the Russian Federation, international civil aviation documents, international treaties of the Russian Federation, the documents of state authorities of any country to/from/through which carriage is performed;
- articles and substances that in the Company’s opinion cannot be accepted for carriage as baggage because of their weight, size or other features.
- fragile and perishable articles, money, jewelry, precious metals, valuable papers and other valuable articles, keys and other similar objects.
In case if Passenger makes decision to transport fragile and frail items in his baggage, Passenger must provide proper package that excludes any possibility of its content’s damage.5.11.3 The procedure of transportation of dangerous substances and articles prohibited for carriage by passengers in civil aircraft is set forth in Federal Aviation Rules "The Rules of Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Civil Aircraft", approved by the Order No. 141 dated 05.09.2008 of the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation.
It is recommended to use for package proper materials that comply with size, weight and sensibility of transported fragile item. For example veneer box equipped with additional panels, fasteners, bridging, crossbars to strengthen the package; plastic boxes; pasteboard. Weight and size of each piece of baggage must not exceed the stated baggage limitations.
Air Carrier is not responsible for damage of fragile and frail items, perishable articles, safety of money, jewelry, precious metals, valuable papers and other valuable articles, keys and other similar objects whether Air Carrier knows about their presence in baggage or not.
5.11.4 List of primary dangerous substances and articles forbidden to be carried on board aircraft by crew members and passengers in checked baggage and in items carried in the passenger cabin:
a) explosive substances and articles containing them:
- all types of gunpowder, in any package and in any amount,
- live ammunition (including small-caliber),
- gas spray gun ammunition,
- hunting caps and detonating fuses,
- pyrotechnic devices: signal flares, signal cartridges, landing cartridges, torch pots (smoke barrels), matches, Bengal lights, railway detonators;
- dynamite, TNT, ammonal, trinitrotoluol and other explosive substances,
- detonating fuses, electric detonators, electric spark igniters, detonating cords and blasting fuses.
b) compressed and condensed gases:
- gas for domestic use (butane-propane) and other kinds of gas,
- gas cylinders with neuro-paralytic agent and CS tear gas, etc.
c) flammable fluids:
- samples of flammable oil products,
- methyl acetate (methyl ether),
- carbon disulphide,
d) flammable solid substances:
- spontaneously combustible substances;
- substances emitting flammable gases in contact with water:
- potassium, sodium, calcium metal and their alloys, calcium phosphide, etc.;
- white, yellow and red phosphorus and all other substances belonging to flammable solid substances.
- oxidizing agents and organic peroxides:
- colloidal cellulose nitrate, in grains or flocks, dry or wet, with less than 25% of water or solvent content;
- colloidal cellulose nitrate, in pieces, wet, with less than 25% of alcohol content;
- cellulose nitrate, dry or wet, with less than 30% of solvent or 20% of water content, etc.
e) toxic substances;
f) radioactive materials;
g) caustic and corrosive substances: strong inorganic acids: chlorhydric acid, sulphuric acid, nitric acid, etc.; hydrofluoric acid (fluorhydric) and other strong acids and corrosive substances;
h) poisonous substances:
- any poisonous strong substances, both fluids and solid matters, however packed;
- tetrahydrofurfuryl alcohol;
- antifreeze substance;
- brake fluid;
- ethylene glycol;
- all hydrocyanic acid salts and cyanide substances;
- cyclone, black cyanide, arsenous acid anhydride, etc.;
- any other dangerous substances, items or goods that may be used for attacking passengers, crew members or jeopardize flight safety
- handguns, revolvers, rifles, short rifles and other fire arms, gas spray guns, pneumatic guns, electric shockers, cutlasses, stilettos, bayonets, except as otherwise allowed by the legislation of the Russian Federation.
j) Compact vehicles powered by lithium batteries:
- segways (mini-segways),
5.11.5 Detailed list of dangerous articles and substances prohibited for air transportation by crew members and passengers is outlined in the ICAO Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods (Doc 9284 AN/905 ICAO).
5.11.6 Articles and substances, which can be carried as checked passenger baggage in aircraft cargo compartments with restricted access of passengers to the baggage in flight:
- crossbows, harpoon guns, sabers, hatchets, yataghans, broadswords, swords, bayonets, daggers, knives: hunting knives, switchblade knives, locking knives, replicas of any kind of weapon;
- domestic knives (scissors) with the blade length exceeding 60 mm;
- alcoholic beverages with alcohol content more than 24% but less than 70%l by volume in containers not exceeding 5 liters when they are in containers designated for retail sale, with a total net amount of such drinks per person of 5 liters;
- liquids and alcohol drinks with alcohol content of no more than 24%;
- Aerosols intended for sports or everyday purposes, with cartridge emission valves protected with caps to prevent self-induced contents flow in containers the volume of which does not exceed 0,5 or 500 ml – not more than 2 kg or 2 l per passenger.
5.11.7 Items and substances that can be carried as carry-on baggage:
- a small medical or clinical thermometer per person, containing mercury, for personal use, if it is placed in a protective case.
- mercury tonometer in a standard case - one per passenger
- 3% hydrogen peroxide – not more than 100ml per passenger;
- fluids in containers the volume of which does not exceed 100 ml (or equivalent volume in other units of measurement) packed in securely sealed transparent plastic bag the volume of which does not exceed 1 l - one bag per passenger;
- dry ice in the amount of not more than 2 kg per passenger, when it is used for cooling non-dangerous perishable products, which are not subject to ICAO Technical Instructions, provided that gaseous carbon dioxide can be carried in carry-on baggage and - upon the Company's consent - in checked baggage;
- safe matches or personal lighter carried by a passenger.
- cardiac muscle stimulators or other radioactive isotopes devices, including devices powered by lithium batteries, implanted in the human body, or radioactive pharmaceuticals contained in the human body as a result of treatment.
- liquids in containers exceeding 100 ml shall not be allowed for transportation even if the container is filled only partially.
- carriage exceptions cover medicines, baby food and special dietic food .
5.11.8 Liquid items that are purchased in duty-free shops at the airport or on board aircraft shall be packed in a securely sealed plastic bag protected from being opened throughout the flight with a proof of purchase made on the day(s) of travel in duty-free shops at the airport or on board aircraft.
5.11.9 The Company shall be entitled to implement any additional aviation security measures on some flights with enhanced danger, thus prohibiting transportation of the following items in the aircraft cabin:
- hypodermic needles (unless proper medical justification is provided),
- knitting pins,
- scissors with blade length below 60 mm,
- folding knives (without retention pins) or penknives with blade length below 60 mm.
5.11.10 Items and substances that can be carried by passengers as baggage with the Company's consent:
- small oxygen gas or air cylinders for medical purposes;
- wheelchairs or other battery-driven vehicles equipped with leak-proof batteries and carried as checked baggage provided that battery terminals are protected from short circuits and the battery is secured to the wheelchair or vehicle;
- wheelchairs for transportation of the sick and other battery-driven vehicles equipped with leaking batteries and carried as checked baggage, provided that the wheelchair or another vehicle can be leaded, stowed, secured and unloaded only in vertical position, and provided that the battery is disconnected, its terminals are protected from short circuit and it is secured to the wheelchair or vehicle.
- not more than two small cylinders with carbon dioxide or other ICAO TI Cat 2.2 gas, inserted in a self-inflating life vest for inflation, only by one person, plus maximum two spare charges for it;
- heat-emitting devices (i. e. battery-activated equipment, such as underwater lanterns and soldering equipment, which if accidentally activated will emit large quantities of heat and can cause a fire) can only be carried in carry-on baggage. A heat-emitting component or a source of energy must be removed to avoid inadvertent operation during transportation.
5.11.11 If a wheelchair or a mobility aid can not be loaded, secured and unloaded in the vertical position, the battery should be removed. A wheelchair or a mobility aid can then be transported without restrictions as a checked baggage. Removed batteries shall be carried in durable, rigid packages provided that:
- packages shall be leak-proof and shall not let the battery liquid out. It is also required to protect them from rolling over by securing them to pallets or by securing them in cargo compartments with appropriate fastening devices, e. g. with straps, brackets or supports;
- batteries must be protected from short circuit, secured vertically in such packages and laid round with enough compatible absorbing materials to entirely absorb the contained liquid;
- such packages shall be marked with package position sign, "liquid battery, with wheelchair" or "liquid battery, with mobility aid" mark and sign of corrosion hazard.
5.11.12 Aircraft captain shall inform the passenger about the position of the wheelchair or mobility aid with installed battery or the position of packed battery.
5.11.13 It is recommended that a passenger should coordinate his/her actions with the Company in advance, in addition the batteries, which are not leak-proof, shall be fitted with ventilation plugs to prevent leaking, if possible.
5.11.14 A passenger shall be liable for carrying prohibited items as baggage or providing items for transportation without complying with transportation requirements and condition set by these rules.
5.11.15 In order to avoid interferences in communication systems and aircraft control during take-off and climb, descent and landing passengers are prohibited to use electronic games, portable photo and video cameras, VCR, mobile phone, radio station, transistor receiver and other electronic emitting devices, but for hearing aids, cardiologic devices, electronic alarm clock, calculator, portable computer and portable tape recorder (walkman).
5.12 Carriage of arms, ammunition and special gear
5.12.1 Arms, ammunition and special gear (hereinafter - arms) are carried in accordance with the requirements of SMS document РИ-В1.004, Instruction on the procedure of transportation of arms, ammunition and cartridges thereto, special gear presented by passengers for safe-keeping during flight in UTair Aviation JSC aircraft.
5.12.2 In accordance with the Federal Aviation Rules, General Rules of Passenger, Baggage and Cargo Transportation and Requirements for Passenger, Shipper and Consignee Service, approved by the Order No. 82 dated 28.06.07 of the Russian Ministry of Transport, a passenger must coordinate transportation of arms and/or ammunition in order to book a ticket.
5.12.3 Passengers transporting arms must arrive for check-in not later than 1,5 hour prior to departure and present the weapon for weighing and get a baggage receipt.
5.12.4 When exporting arms outside the state of departure airport a passenger shall also present the documents allowing to import the arms into the state of destination airport and states of transit/transfer airport to the Company representative.
5.12.5 Arms and ammunition are carried free of charge if they are the only piece of checked baggage (passenger has no other checked baggage) and do not exceed free baggage allowance established by the Company. One piece of baggage is r 1 weapon and cartridges for it.In case of exceeding free baggage allowance in pieces such baggage transportation is paid per established rate for excess baggage. In case of exceeding the weight specified in paragraph
5.12.6 Weapons of passengers entitled to keep and carry them must be given to authorized security personnel for safekeeping during flight at the airport of departure and released to owners at destination airport.
5.12.7 Armed personnel of the Federal Guard Service of the Russian Federation, Federal Courier Service of Russia and Intergovernmental Courier Communication, who are on duty and who have the required certificates and standard mission orders, shall not give their arms for safekeeping for the duration of flight.
5.12.8 Arms are accepted for transportation only if discharged and in passenger's package (covers, holsters, special containers, cases, boxes) meeting the security and safety requirements. Weapons and ammunition shall also be packed separately.
5.12.9 When transporting arms a passenger must have a document certifying that he/she is entitled to keep and carry a weapon to be presented to authorized personnel of transport police when giving the weapon for safekeeping for the duration of flight.
5.12.10 In addition, when importing/exporting arms to/from the Russian Federation, a passenger shall have an authorization for import/export of arms.
5.12.11 Weapons belonging to transfer passengers shall be registered and carried as per the usual procedure up to the first point of landing . At transfer airport the weapon is removed from the aircraft and released to the passenger for its registration for the next flight.
5.12.12 Crossbows, harpoon guns, sabers, hatchets, yataghans, broadswords, swords, bayonets, daggers, knives: hunting, flick-knives, locking knives, replicas of any kind of weapon are forbidden to be carried in passenger cabins. They can only be carried in checked baggage in aircraft cargo and baggage compartments.
5.12.13 Gas spray gun ammunition and gas cylinders with neuro-paralytic agent and CS tear gas, etc. are prohibited to be carried by air.
5.12.14 In accordance with the Federal Law "On Arms" No. 150-ФЗ dated 13.12.1006 foreign citizens are:
- allowed to import sports and hunting weapon into the Russian Federation, if an invitation is available from a legal entity holding a hunting license, a contract for hunting with the mentioned legal entity or an invitation for participation in sporting events and appropriate authorization from the Ministry of Internal Affairs;
- prohibited to import and use all kinds, types and models of weapon in the Russian Federation in order to ensure personal safety, protect life and health of other people, their property, accompany cargo and for other purposes not indicated above, unless it is stipulated by separate treaties of the Russian Federation.
5.12.15 If there is technical capability the ammunition may be transported as dangerous goods according to rules of dangerous goods transportation by air. Herewith the transportation is paid as for dangerous goods transportation. Passenger has to get the Company’s conformance for such transportation in advance, but not later than 48 hours before departure.
If the rules are not complied with the Company is entitled to refuse such transportation.
5.12.16 Passengers entitled to have firearms on board aircraft shall inform airport security personnel about their standard firearms before screening procedures.
5.12.17 For safety purposes the passengers authorized to have firearms on board aircraft shall read and sign the Instruction for Passengers Authorized to Have Firearms on Board Aircraft, presented for familiarization by the Company personnel.
5.13 Transportation of animals and birds
5.13.1 Animals and birds may be carried on the Company flights as checked baggage, cargo (in baggage/cargo hold) or inside a passenger cabin
5.13.2 Pets - cats and dogs - may be carried inside a passenger cabin. Any other pets (animals and birds) may be carried as checked baggage (in baggage/cargo hold). Other animals and birds, not referred to this category, are only carried as cargo.
5.13.3 If a passenger intends to carry a pet (animal/bird) as checked or carry-on baggage, they shall inform the Company or the transportation sales agent about this in advance, but not later than 48 hours before departure.
5.13.4 The Company is entitled to refuse transportation of a pet (animal or bird) in checked or carry-on baggage, if such transportation was not agreed in advance.
5.13.5 A pet (animal or bird), when it is carried on air transport, must be put in a strong container (cage) to ensure required convenience during transportation with access of air and a strong lock. The bottom of the container (cage) must be water-proof and covered with absorbent material. The container's (cage's) structure must prevent spillage of the absorbent material. The container's weight for transportation of a pet inside the aircraft cabin shall not exceed 10 kg, the dimensions shall not exceed 55x4x20 cm. If a container (cage) is to be carried in a baggage/cargo hold the sum of three dimensions shall not exceed 203 cm and it shall have carrying handles.
5.13.6 During the flight the container with the pet carried in the cabin must be stowed under the seat in front. Containers with pets may not be placed near emergency exits, in aisles or overhead bins. A pet must always remain in a locked container while on board an aircraft.
5.13.7 A passenger traveling with a pet (animal or bird) must have and, when checking-in, present valid documents (certificates) to certify that the pet is in good health, issued by competent veterinary authorities, as well as other documents required in the state of destination or transit in case of international transportation.
5.13.8 The Company reserves the right to limit the number of pets carried inside passenger cabin depending on the type of aircraft. For this purpose one container may hold two or more animals, unless they show signs of aggression towards each other.
5.13.9 Guide-dogs accompanying visually impaired passengers are carried inside passenger cabin free of charge in addition to the specified free baggage allowance, if they have been appropriately trained, which is supported with a certificate, provided that it wears a collar and a muzzle, and it is tied to the seat at its owner's feet.
5.13.10 A working dog may be carried inside passenger cabin upon consent from the Company if the carrier is presented with a document to prove that the passenger traveling with the working dog is an employee of the canine unit of a federal executive agency and the document to prove special training of the working dog. A working dog must wear a collar and a muzzle and be tied to the seat at the feet of the passenger traveling with it.
5.13.11. The free baggage allowance does not apply to pets and working dogs. Transportation of a pet is paid for at the baggage rate for additional piece of baggage (regardless of the total number of the passenger's baggage pieces and class of service). Additional payment is also charged if the size and/or weight of the pet together with the container exceeds the established regulations for one piece of baggage.
5.13.12. Pets are accepted for transportation provided that the passenger takes full responsibility for them. The Company shall not be held liable for damage caused to third parties by such animals; neither shall it be liable to such passengers should import or transit of such animals through any state or territory be denied.
5.13.13 Passengers must comply with all the Company's requirements and must reimburse all losses and additional expenses if the animal causes damage to the aircraft, cargo, other passengers' baggage, health and/or lives of other passengers.
5.13.14 It is prohibited to transport baggage and cargo containing food products in baggage and cargo hold where pets (animals or birds) are carried due to the risk of contamination of such products
5.14 Baggage packing
5.14.1 Items carried as baggage must be packed in suitcases, bags, parcels an other similar tare with handles. Boxes, cartons and baskets must be tied around and prepared for handling. Locks must be operational and locked. Covers, bottoms and sides shall be without gaps and tight fitted. Ropes or straps shall be strong and without knots.
5.14.2 Suitcases, bags, brief-cases, baskets without locks shall be properly packed and protected from access to their contents.
5.14.3 Package of checked baggage shall ensure that its contents remain intact during normal handling procedures in the process of transportation.
5.14.4 Every piece of checked baggage shall be individually packed. It is prohibited to combine two or more individually packed items, including tying any parcels to packages.
5.14.5 Baggage containing sharp protruding objects (nails, ends of bounded metal bands, wire, etc.) is prohibited to be accepted for transportation.
5.14.6 Passengers are recommended to have identification marks mentioning their names and contact details on the inside and outside of every piece of baggage.
5.15 Baggage release
5.15.1 Passengers must receive their checked or unattended baggage after it was presented for release by the Company at the point of destination, stopover or transfer.
5.15.2 Checked baggage is released to the passenger presenting a baggage tag coupon for each piece of baggage. If a passenger is unable to present a coupon of a numbered baggage tag or a baggage receipt, ground handling agent can release baggage to such passenger provided that he/she presents proof of their right for it.
5.15.3 The Company or its ground handling agent shall not have to verify whether the person presenting a baggage receipt or a baggage tag coupon is entitled to receive the baggage, and shall not be responsible for the damage or expenses incurred by a passenger as a result of baggage release without such verification.
5.15.4 Baggage shall be released at the baggage destination airport. However upon passenger's request baggage can also be released at the airport of departure or transfer, transit airport, stopover airport, unless baggage release at these points is not prohibited by treaties of the Russian Federation, Russian regulations or laws of the country to/from/through which it is carried. If time and circumstances allow the baggage to be released.
5.15.5 In case of such baggage release at the point of departure or intermediate landing point, all amounts previously paid to the Company as related to transportation of this baggage, can be refunded only upon consent of the Company.
5.15.6 In case there is shortage of baggage or baggage is damaged, the airport where carriage violations were discovered shall issue a standard commercial statement.
5.16 Storage and sale of baggage
5.16.1. Passenger baggage can be stored at destination airport free of charge for 2 days, including the day of aircraft arrival with the baggage. Further storage of baggage is ensured by the Company at the expense of the passenger who the checked baggage belongs to.
5.16.2. Expenses for storage of baggage which was not received by a passenger within 2 days shall be reimbursed in accordance with civil laws of the Russian Federation.
5.16.3. Baggage that was not delivered at destination airport on time in accordance with the passenger's transportation document through the Company's fault shall be stored at the expense of the Company.
5.16.4. Passenger baggage without a baggage tag and the owner of which is not identified is deemed undocumented baggage.
5.16.5. Passenger baggage starting from its delivery at destination airport, including undocumented baggage, that was not received within six months is deemed unclaimed and is sold or disposed of as established by the regulations in force at the state of destination airport.
5.16.6. The Company or its ground handling agent must take measures to find the passenger-baggage owner during the established storage period and prior to selling or disposing of the baggage.
5.16.7. If the owner of checked baggage was found, the Company or its ground handling agent shall notify the owner of checked baggage in writing regarding the need to receive the baggage and the procedure of its receipt or delivery.
5.16.8. Checked baggage shall be stored within 6 months after the date of notification of its owner that it has be received, and in case the owner of checked baggage is not identified - after the date of aircraft arrival at the airport. In case the checked baggage is not claimed by the passenger within the above period, the baggage can be sold or disposed of as established by the regulations of the state of destination airport.
5.16.9. Carry-on baggage and items left or forgotten on board aircraft shall be kept at the airport of their discovery within six months after the date of aircraft arrival at the airport.
5.16.10. In six months after the aircraft arrival the carry-on baggage and items mentioned in par. 5.4.5 may be sold or disposed of as established by the regulations of the state of destination airport.
5.16.11. Perishable products kept in unclaimed or undocumented baggage are subject to disposal in case of spoilage. Impossibility of their further storage in the baggage is certified in a report confirming the fact of spoilage.
5.16.12. The person presenting a baggage receipt is entitled to receive the money gained from the sale of unclaimed articles from the Company or its ground handling agent within 6 months after delivery of the receipt, less payments due carrier.
5.17 Baggage value declaration
5.17.1 A passenger is entitled to declare the value of his/her checked baggage both at the point of departure and at any intermediate point on the route. In addition, a passenger may increase the amount of previously declared value.
5.17.2 Baggage value declaration is charged as specified in the rules of rate application. Declared value shall not exceed the actual baggage value. Value of checked baggage is declared for each piece of baggage individually.
5.17.3 Charge for declared value of checked baggage is paid at the point of declaration and is certified with an excess baggage receipt or miscellaneous charge order mentioning the points for which the baggage value is declared. If a passenger declares larger value of his/her baggage at an intermediate point as compared to the previously declared one, he/she shall pay additional charge.
5.17.4 When a passenger declares value of the baggage handed for transportation, the Company is entitled to demand the passenger to present the contents of his/her baggage for inspection and in case of obvious inadequacy of the amount of declared value to baggage contents, identify its actual value.
5.17.5 In case of disagreements in evaluation between the Company and the passenger, the passenger shall substantiate the value of checked baggage (invoice, price-list, receipt or another document), which is declared. If there is no sufficient proof of the declared value amount, the Company is entitled to decline transportation of the baggage with declared value in the amount specified by the passenger.
5.17.6 In order to identify the actual value of baggage the Company is entitled to establish a committee consisting of the Company representative, head of airport transportation management service, check-in attendant on duty, senior baggage reception and release personnel or loader.
5.17.7 All items accepted for transportation as baggage with declared value shall be in serviceable, solid packages. Weight and dimensions of valuable goods shall not exceed the established standards. The Company is entitled to reject checked baggage with declared value, if it recognizes the package to be inconsistent with the following Rules or if the baggage requires special precautions during transportation.